Tuesday, April 17, 2012

March Spending totals

I never have posted my March spending.  Mainly because I totally didn't hit my goal of $350.

And I have felt guilty about it.

But this morning I got to thinking, and I'm over that guilt.  The reality is that some months there are good sales and things to stock up on- extra birthdays and Easter baskets to be filled- and the totals are up a bit higher than they should be.  It just is what it is.

My totals for March were:

$586.17 spent
$1113.42 saved through store sales and coupons
65% savings

That spent amount is everything except gas and going out to eat.  It's our clothing (if any was purchased), our dog food, our groceries, our birthday gifts, our easter basket candies and toys, our deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, butter, milk and coffee.  It's all of it.

So I think that being able to save 65% on average is not bad- pretty good in fact.  It takes a lot of time and effort to save 90-100% on various items in order to bring that average savings up for items that hardly ever, if ever, have coupons (meat, milk, produce, etc.).  And yes- I went $200 over my goal, I was surprised as well at how much I spent.  But March spread out over 5 weeks this year and who cares anyway right?

On to April.  Which is now half over!

No comments: