Friday, August 17, 2012

Saving Money on Gift Cards

Live local?  Have a Marsh Supermarket?  Listen up.

Last week and this week- Marsh is running a promotion where if you buy $50 in participating gift cards, you get a $10 My Marsh Money certificate.  In the ad it shows Kohls, Aeropostale, Red Lobster and JC Penney.  I asked at customer service and she said any of them.  I bought $50 in Shell gas cards, and it didn't print.  So perhaps it really is just the ones in the ad.

But still!!!  If you have a little extra cash now, you could prebuy your gift cards to do Christmas shopping and save $10 for every $50 you buy in groceries!  Keep in mind, you need to ring each $50 up seperately in order to earn the $10- but no big deal, right?

I also bought $50 in Kohls because I have some shopping to do this week.  PLUS- I went to Kohls.com and registered my email address and they emailed me a $10 off $10 purchase certificate for signing up AND a 15% off my next purchase coupon.....and they can be used together.  So I'm going to be able to make that $50 stretch really far!

Dan and I don't have hundreds to sink into gift cards, so that $100 is really about it for me.  But it is worth considereing- after all free food is free food, right?

No comments: