Friday, August 31, 2012

No coupons to clip this weekend!

The secret to being an effective couponer is organization.  And man, have I been a mess.

I hadn't clipped or organized coupons since the beginning of JULY!  Some couponers roll like this.  They just keep track of them by date and can quickly pull the insert when they find a sale they want to shop and clip out what they need for that one trip.  Me?  I like to go ahead and trim all products we do/might use and organize them in my binder.  Then when I'm shopping and find a product/sale I like I have the coupons with me. 

Except I hadn't been doing that. 

I know I have paid more for lots of things that we needed because I didn't have my coupons clipped. 

So yesterday I spent a few hours and I got it done.  I clipped and organized probably 30 coupon inserts (4 from each week).  And then I cleaned out all of the expireds from my binder.

And now I am ready to roll.

Even better?  There are NO coupon inserts this weekend.  So for a whole week more I will be completely caught up. 

No comments: