Friday, July 1, 2011

A Laundry Basket of Goodies

Two of my nephews are leaving the nest.  One is moving into an apartment 'dorm'- the other moved into an apartment with a friend.  Both are getting ready to begin their college classes within the next month.  I started picking up items specifically for these baskets a month or two ago.  I knew they would both need lots of basic household stuff- and that can really add up!
Here is the finished product- I made one for each of them.
It is a laundry basket filled with razors, toilet bowl cleaner and toilet brush, soft scrub spray, soft scrub liquid, dish soap, dish washer soap, laundry detergent, bar soap, lotion, toothpaste, floss, body wash, deodorant, shower scrubbies, shampoo, conditioner, towels and wash clothes.

Just for kicks- I totaled up the cost of all of these items.  Keep in mind- I used sale prices, not shelf prices.  If I would have just bought these items on sale- the cost would have been around $91.

What did I pay after coupons and register rewards and promos?  $16.89.
And the majority of that was the towels, wash clothes and laundry basket.
I'm a couponer for life now.  There is no way I could ever go back.

No comments: