Friday, March 2, 2012

February- that's a wrap!

For the first time ever, I have tracked every single penny I spent on anything in a store as well as each coupon and sale price.  I downloaded a coupon savings tracking form from another blog (sorry- I don't remember where) and I started in January.  But that month I only entered things that I bought with coupons.  For instance, if I went regular grocery shopping and didn't use many coupons- I didn't enter it.

In February I did.  Every single thing I bought- I entered.  Birthday gifts, groceries, stock up on personal care items, drinks, all of it.  I must say- I am surprised by what I found. 

I spent $480.83 the entire month.  I thought that the total would have been much lower.  We are still spending nearly the same amount of money per week on grocery & personal care items as we used to- except now I am buying probably double to triple what I used to get for the same money.  So there is something to be said for that- we are much better stocked than we EVER used to be.  But still, I want to get that number down.

I spent $480.83.  I saved $504.72 with store sale prices and $675.48 with coupons, for a total of $1180.20 in total savings.  That means I saved about 71% on average of anything I purchased.  I have no complaints about that- I think its pretty darn good.

But this month- I'm hoping to spend no more than $350.  I'll be anxious to see if we can do it, especially with getting ready for vacation and a family dinner at my house.  Here goes nothing!

No comments: