Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My shopping this week

To say I am unmotivated this week would be an understatement.

I'm tired.  I'm being pulled in 100 directions.  I'm overwhelmed.  I'm running myself ragged.  This week it makes sense to just lay low and let it go.  So I am, as far as couponing is concerned.  I just don't have the energy left right now.

That being said- I will make two stops this week.  One was yesterday,
Walgreens:
Carmex lotions- 2/$10 (shelf was not marked- but it's a month long deal good through 9/24 I think) and get a $5 register reward.  I used 2 $1.50 coupons (from the carmex website maybe?)- so it made this really great lotion $1 per tube.  These make nice little thank you gifts for the office ladies at the school, the ladies I work with, plus I just really like this lotion.

Childrens nighttime cold n cough- $4.99 with a $5 register reward.  The trick to saving real cash for your family is buying this kind of stuff when it is free and you are NOT sick- versus waiting until you ARE sick and have to buy it at full price.  Hopefully we won't need it this year- but I wouldn't bank on that.

Carmex chapstick 3/$3 with in ad coupon.  I used two $.30 coupons I printed a while back.  Made these $.70 a tube.  Not really even worth mentioning- except I am NEVER without a tube of this stuff.  So I picked up a couple to put away for an emergency.  Because being out of Carmex, in my opinion, is an emergency. 

Blistex cold & allergy lip balm $2 with a $2 register reward.  My store was out- but if you are going you might look for it.

For me- those were the items on my walgreens list.

CVS:  I plan to stop there today. On my list?

Revlon lustrous, moon drops or color burst lipsticks- $6.49 with a $5 extra care buck.  Apparently I had some $1 off coupons that expired 9/18- oops.

Gold Emblem candy corn $.99 with a $.99 extra care buck- Sun through today only.

Pediasure- spend $25 get $10 extra care buck.  These are $6.49 each, I plan to buy 4- I printed one $3 coupon (the second one jammed and my printer ate it- opps) and I've heard tale that there were $2 coupons in either this or last weeks paper (but I have yet to confirm that).  If I can get this for cheap- $1 or $2 eachish, I will buy it because it is nice and healthy for the kids for a quick drink/snack.  If not- oh well.

Mountain Dew 2/$9 with a $2 register reward.  Not a huge sale- but we are out and Dan NEEDS this item.

Man I hope things slow down in our lives soon- I am one tired cookie.

No comments: