Tuesday, January 4, 2011

CVS- 1/3/10, again

The CVS I posted about previously did not have any of the cereal bars that were on sale this week.  But I had resided that was okay- UNTIL I got a $5 off a $25 purchase in my email that day that was only good that day.

Decision made- I was going back out.

I didn't take a picture of my loot- so just invision it all placed on my kitchen counter with some random kid poking their head up behind it, okay?

2 milky way candy bars $.50 each, $1 (-$.50 off two milky ways coupon)
2 Kudos cereal bars $2.50 each, $5
1 planters nutrition bars $2.50 (-$1 coupon)
1 south beach diet bars $2.50 (these are the BOMB- I wish they had more than 1 box left!)
3 nutrigrain cereal bars $3.33 each- $10
1 conair curling iron $7.99

-$5 off $25 CVS coupon
-$6.50 extra care bucks from purchase last month
-$7 extra care bucks from earlier in the day
-$8.99 extra care bucks from earlier in the day (was really $10 but the cashier adjusted it down before I realized what she did- I would have rather added a $1 item to my order and got the full bang for those bucks but whatever)

Total was $.34.  THIRTY FOUR CENTS!

PLUS I got back a $4 cvs buck for the 4/$10 cereal bars, a $4 cvs buck for the 3/$10 cereal bars and a $5 extra buck for buying a conair hair appliance.

So I spent less than $1- left with 7 boxes of cereal bars and a curling iron AND $11 in extra care bucks to spend next time.  That kind of makes up for my crappy walgreens shopping experience.  It would have only been better had I been able to snag one of those $2 off a south beach diet bars coupons that FLEW off the internet almost as soon as they landed. 

There was also a 75% off christmas section filled with christmas toys- which I refrained from so yay me!  I would prefer to save my extra care bucks and roll them into some new extra care bucks earning offer next week.  That way the savings keep piling up.  But 75% off toys- that was a toughie.

No comments: